Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Trip to France

Last Thursday we drove to Dun-Le-Palestel, just above Limoges in France. We left at 6:30 and we arrived around 11 in Orlèans where we stopped for a cup of coffee. We had a cup of coffee fo which we paid 8 euros! (4 euros per cup).
I have never seen so many shoe stores as in Orlèans. My DH saw some boots for me that he liked, and I also liked them so I bought them. I also came across an Accessorize shop (
http://store.monsoon.co.uk/catalog/Welcome?catid=3), I really love their stuff, but it is quite expensive. So I didn´t buy anything. A great French brand is Pylones (http://www.pylones.com/) they sell the funniest and nice looking stuff.
We arrived in Dun-le-Palestel around 15:00 where we were welcomed by a lovely English couple named Vic and Penny. They are lovely people that live in the centre of Dun-Le-Palestel.
Vic got our antique cupboard, which we got as a present from my aunt, out of his barn. And we were invited to stay for diner, where we had a lovely French meal with cheese at the end.
We stayed the night at the local hotel (
www.hoteljoly-limousin.com). And had breakfast the next day at Vic and Penny´s. After breakfast we drove back home.
It took us three hours longer since there was a big problem with floodings on the highway in Gent and Antwerp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.