Friday, June 08, 2012

Dubai day 3

 This morning brunch at Burj al Arab stood on the agenda. Since I turned forty I thought it was a good idea to celebrate my birthday at this 7 star hotel.

To my surprise, I received this lovely cake as a birthday present from the hotel. They nicely wrapped it for me to take back to the hotel, as they had a wonderful dessert buffet and suggested to take some cakes of the buffet.
 The view from the 27th floor is stunning, especially as you can see the palm island.
 In the afternoon: Dubai Mall, with the Dubai Aquarium, it is amazing to see such a big aquarium in a shopping mall.
Then we went outside to watch the Dubai Fountain. Great show, spectacular view of the Burj Kalifah.
 It was a busy day, later a night we paid a visit to the gold souk and then back to the hotel where we had a piece of the delicious cake, yumm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.